Global Scientific Products company in San Diego is seeking a Sr. Molecular Biologist to be responsible for the development of diagnostic assays.
typical roles and responsibilities for Sr. Molecular Biologist
- Perform laboratory bench work with focus on daily testing of reagents for development, improvement, and troubleshooting of diagnostic assays
- Will apply technical knowledge to bring to market CLIA-waved diagnostic kits
- Maintain accurate and detailed lab notebooks and appropriate documentation based on the scientific method enabling other scientists to reproduce their experiments
- Support verification and validation studies as well as clinical trials
- Prepares regular reports documenting procedures and experimental results
- Presents research data and conclusions in 10–30-minute sessions
- Ability to read a scientific paper, reproduce the experiments described and understand the conclusions
- Complete lab compliance activities
Requirements for Sr. Molecular Biologist – Scientific
- B.S. in the Biological Sciences is required. Molecular Biology degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in molecular biology
- Strong laboratory and technical hands-on skills required:
- Pipet and perform procedures reproducibly
- Perform a dilution series to create a standard curve
- Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions and able to make the buffers from recipes
- Operate basic lab equipment such as computers, centrifuges, quantitation instruments, Agilent Bioanalyzer, PCR, real-time qPCR instruments, plate readers etc.
- Routine experience with most common molecular procedures such as nucleic acid isolation, endpoint PCR, real-time PCR
- Experience writing and implementing quality focused procedures
- Experience working with BSL2 sample types in BSL2 lab setting
- Build productive cross-functional relationships with colleagues in other areas, including Operations, Regulatory/Quality, and Product Management
- Strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis.
- Creative and innovative
- Good writing & presentation skills
- Strong documentation and strong organizational skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Capable of multi-tasking and ensure timely completion and execution of tasks