Startup Biotech company in Boston is seeking a Principal Scientist to be responsible for the development of next generation gene therapies.
typical roles and responsibilities for Principal Scientist
- Establish novel cell culture systems
- Implement technology for studying signal transduction of therapeutic compounds in cellular systems
- Develop cell-based potency assays for novel therapeutics
- Document results and present to scientific leadership of the company
- Develop assay transfer protocols and work with analytical development and QC groups on assays
Requirements for Principal Scientist – Scientific
- PhD in biology, cell and molecular biology
- Minimum of 5 years of postdoctoral experience in a relevant lab performing cellular, biochemical, and molecular assays
- Significant disease-area knowledge as related to Cancer immunotherapy programs
- Demonstrated technical ability in cell culture, in vivo and ex vivo model systems, high content screening, capillary electrophoresis, and western blotting
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with strong willingness to take on new challenges required to bring novel medicines to the clinic.
- Strict adherence to environmental, health, and safety guidelines.