CRO in Mid Atlantic biotech area is Laboratory Director to lead a large molecule (biologics) bioanalytical GLP, GCP and CLIA laboratory. The Laboratory Director position is a key member of the Bioanalytical Services Senior Staff, reporting to the Executive Vice President. Major focus of this position is operational efficiency and ensuring that the company continues to generate high quality data and meet client deliverables as the business continues to grow. The incumbent will be responsible for a P & L for a majority of the business operations.
typical roles and responsibilities for Laboratory Director
- Provide senior level technical guidance
- Provide support to business development activities
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and productivity
- Focus on the elimination of scrap (non-revenue generating re-work)
- Support the implementation of new service lines
- Plan and direct operational activities to achieve agreed targets and standards for growth and profitability.
- Achieve key performance indicators for cost, efficiency, quality and productivity.
- Maintain a premier bioanalytical laboratory service by ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, excellent business relationships and consequent repeat business.
- Establish clear goals and metrics for the operational teams.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development to meet established targets
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems or measuring various aspects of operational effectiveness
- Manage expenditures within budgets
- Contribute to operational and strategic plans
- Recruit, retain, manage, train new and current staff, motivate and develop direct reports
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Positive can do attitude
- Maintain appropriate health and safety standards in conjunction with health and safety officer
- Ensure that all staff are adequately trained for their job functions
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, including GLP, GCP and CLIA
Requirements for Laboratory Director – Scientific
- 10 years’ experience in a CRO business environment or equivalent with significant operational responsibility, including P & L responsibility.
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline, biological or physical sciences or a combination of degree plus experience, MBA preferred. High level of expertise and professionalism in all laboratory functions.
- Experience in leading a large molecule (biologics) bioanalytical GLP, GCP and CLIA laboratory