Biotech company in the San Diego area is looking to hire a R&D Scientist – Protein Engineering. As a R&D Scientist for the antibody discovery and protein engineering group, you’ll work closely with scientists in both Research and Development to advance programs forward. As a member of the protein engineering group, you will help to build technologies and deliver therapeutic antibodies into the brain with the goal of curing neurodegeneration.
typical roles and responsibilities for R&D Scientist – Protein Engineering
- Engineer and evaluate therapeutic biologic candidates with enhanced ability to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB)
- Serve as a biologics lead, coordinating antibody discovery and engineering efforts against novel targets
- Lead efforts to develop novel bispecific antibody platforms
- Develop and manage academic and / or industry collaborations as necessary
Requirements for R&D Scientist – Protein Engineering – Scientific
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology, chemistry, or a related scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral experience in the fields of protein engineering, therapeutic drug delivery or a combination thereof
- Strong background in basic antibody engineering techniques such as humanization, affinity optimization, developability analysis, etc.
- Experience developing antibody therapeutics in an industry environment
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal oversight in the lab as part of a multifunctional team
- Pride in being self-motivated and a creative problem solver
- You have a point of view but are low ego.