Biotech company in RTP is seeking an Oligo Production & QC Manager to oversee the daily manufacturing and QC operations for a proprietary array-based oligonucleotide synthesis platform. The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of oligonucleotide synthesis chemistry, hybridization assays, and PCR techniques with greater than 5 years’ industry experience in oligo manufacturing and QC.
typical roles and responsibilities for QC Manager – Oligo Production
- Manage production group for array-based oligonucleotide synthesis on oligo synthesis platform.
- Manage QC operations for Oligo products including PCR and hybridization assays.
- Develop, implement, and update key SOP documents as needed. Maintain production records.
- Support R&D and applications teams as needed for company projects.
- Support Sales team to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Train and supervise production and QC staff.
- Manage safety procedures and standards for staff. Maintain facility and processes according to state and federal environmental regulations.
Requirements for QC Manager – Oligo Production – Scientific
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field, with a minimum of 3-year experience, or Bachelor’s degree with 5 year experience, in pharmaceutical companies, biotech or related industries
- Working knowledge of oligonucleotide synthesis
- Experience with oligonucleotide analytical tools and methods
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques including PCR, rtPCR, array-based hybridization assays, and NGS
- Ability to work as part of a small cross-disciplinary team to accomplish both short term and long-term goals
- Excellent documentation practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skill