The Production Manager will oversee pharmaceutical production activities for a 600 employee manufacturing site. This production operation includes both Rx and OTC oral solid dosage products. The Production Manager will manage 6-7 direct reports and 220+ indirect and report directly to the Site Director. The Production Manager will develop, track, and drive improvement in applicable measures including operations supply chain, productivity, lead time, raw materials, manufacturing costs, process yields, and reduced inventory investments.
We are seeking pharmaceutical production manager candidates who are career-driven, have strong leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving successful pharmaceutical manufacturing teams. We offer accelerated career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented pharmaceutical operations and production team.
typical roles and responsibilities for Production Manager
- Ensure production schedules are met within budget
- Develop strategy for the Value Stream 5 year Master Plan and contribute to overall plant strategy.
- Assure compliance to all quality and regulatory requirements.
- Lead change management for system improvements, minimize cost and increase efficiency.
- Develop direct reports through coaching, mentoring, and professional development.
- Prepare and review department budgets and lead cost and efficiency improvement projects.
- Utilizing Lean Six Sigma, work effectively to create a culture that ensures all levels are using standard work in the execution of their duties.
- Recommend and implement associate development programs to raise all associates capabilities in the use of Lean skills and operating frameworks.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues impeding the flow of production.
- Elevate systemic issues requiring resources beyond the scope of the personnel
- Support cross-site results in various production lines' performance reviews throughout weekly production.
- Proactively lead Kaizen problem-solving initiatives and the deployment of Lean throughout production lines to ensure systemic improvement of procedures, standard work, equipment, and processes.
- Lead the hiring, training, planning, assigning, development, and performance management of direct reports and production supervisors, leads, and associates within production area.
Requirements for the Production Manager
- Bachelors degree, preferably in engineering. Master degree preferred.
- 10+ years leadership experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and success in the development of others.
- A track record of accomplishment in prioritizing and planning production activites
- The ability to react well under pressure, to handle multiple competing projects or priorities under tight timelines or restrictions
- Personal experience leading a Lean transformation in a plant environment with P&L/financial responsibility for successes.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement strategy and results in improving efficiency at plant level.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and achieve results through others.
- Ability to set up and leverage systems to achieve sustainable results.
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as JDE, Maximo or BPCS is required.
Salary range for Production Manager