The Engineering Manager will direct and coordinate all engineering activities within the company's flagship pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, including equipment maintenance, project management, and process validations to ensure overall plant goals and objectives are accomplished. This position is also responsible for the planning of maintenance activities to support the company’s objectives and programs. The Engineering Manager will oversee an Engineering and Maintenance team of 25.
We are seeking engineering manager candidates who are career-driven, have strong leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving strong pharmaceutical plant engineering and maintenance teams. We offer accelerated career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities in pharmaceutical manufacturing and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented engineering team.
typical roles and responsibilities for Engineering Manager
- Responsible for the successful implementation of highly technical or involved engineering projects in the creation and development of automatic, semi-automatic and manually controlled production machines, auxiliary equipment, or other items presenting new or constantly changing problems of materials, customer requirements and product uses.
- Develop and manage the site's Capital Projects plan and budget
- Direct and prioritize the activities of direct staff while managing overall responsibility for activities of project engineers and technical support personnel.
- Coordinate process improvement efforts with plant leadership
- Prioritize engineering projects and assignments for completion by the appropriate engineering personnel.
- Establish engineering networks with other facilities, OEM, R&D, Marketing, and Corporate Engineering functions for new product implementation.
- Establish systems to document and maintain process validation and drawing compliance.
- Manage engineering team direct reports and their subordinates.
- Oversee acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposition of building systems, production equipment, furniture and equipment.]
- Manage the finances of the engineering function, analyzes financial information, prepares and manages operating and capital budgets, and monitors revenues and expenditures to contain costs.
- Work with all departments within the facility to assure that inventory, budget, and Plant financial goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Insure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP and ISO), safety policies, and good housekeeping and that safety and hazard practices are understood and followed.
- Work to assure Quality Assurance requirements and regulatory compliance are maintained
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's degree in engineering; acceptable disciplines would be mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or industrial engineering
- 8+ years experience in either pharmaceutical manufacturing or chemical manufacturing
- 5+ years progressive management experience including leading an engineering or maintenance team
- Knowledge of all phases of project management including architecture and design, electrical, mechanical, structural, telecommunications, life safety for capital equipment, line extensions and process product development.
- Experience with plant systems typically found in pharmaceutical GMP production, including clean steam, Wifi
- Must also have thorough knowledge in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, and Industrial Engineering, Technical Management, Project Management, and Operations/Production.
- Working knowledge of Machine Controls, Drafting, Budgeting, Costing, Financial Systems, Communication, Development and GMP, Quality System Regulation, and ISO Requirements.
- Knowledge of inventory and purchasing Systems.
- Direct validation experience
- Six Sigma/Lean certification strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership skills and a track record of developing subordinates
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and electronic
Salary range for Engineering Manager