Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) work at building important relationships at the intersection of medical/clinical affairs, commercial operations, key medical institutions and physicians. The goal is education, advocacy and adoption of new Rx pharmaceutical products. MSLs work to identify, cultivate and foster partnerships with key opinion leaders. MSLs also work closely with the sales and marketing departments to provide clinical education to current and potential customers, payers, advisory boards and other specialty advocates. They serve as a scientific and clinical resource for novel products and associated disease states, providing both internal and external educational support. This will include support for the development of multi-channel medical educational activities and tools across the product lifecycle like speaker programs, educational materials, and on-line educational events.
The MSL functions as a field-based member of the marketing department within the commercial team with anticipated 60% domestic travel, devoted to client-facing activities, in-person and remote.
The MSL will cover Eastern US areas so a preference would be for candidates to live in major metros, like New York, Boston, Washington, or Philadelphia.
We are seeking medical science liaisons - MSAs who are career-driven, have a track record of relationship building among key opinion leaders and deliver technical drug product information in a technically clear and informative way. We are looking for MSAs who have a depth of experience in providing comprehensive drug product information. We offer accelerated career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities and consider only the best medical science liaison candidates to join our highly talented MSA team.
typical roles and responsibilities for Medical Science Liaison
- Develop and continuously maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise in assigned Rx product and be acknowledged internally and externally as an expert in these areas.
- Attend national and international meetings for personal education and engagement and scientific exchange with the medical and scientific community
- Identify, develop and foster relationships with key opinion leaders, other important customers and stakeholders, including professional organizations.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive scientific product information is available to decision-makers and healthcare providers
- Conduct and provide medical leadership to training programs for the commercial teams and other functions.
- Coordinate the timely and appropriate response to internal and external Rx info inquiries, utilizing global medical information resources
- Deliver medical education presentations in a variety of settings and obtain feedback that can be shared throughout the organization
- In conjunction with FDA and EMEA clinical operations, support clinical study feasibility, study implementation and on-going management of company sponsored trials, including disease registries.
- Act as a point of contact for investigator-sponsored research projects
Requirements for Medical Science Liaison
- BS in a life sciences discipline; MS strongly preferred
- 3+ years as a medical science liaison - MSA in pharmaceuticals or biotech
- Proven track record of relationship development in the Rx pharmaceutical industry
- Exceptional communications skills - oral, written and especially presentation
- Proven ability and experience to present complex scientific data
- Prior exposure to complex matrix organizations or experience working as part of a virtual team
- Microsoft Office experience essential with experience with databases
- Highly articulate and persuasive during formal and informal presentations; able to convey complex scientific ideas fluently to any audience
- Independent self-starter.
- Capacity to work effectively on multi–disciplinary teams in order to achieve desired outcomes
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities during challenging situations
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Salary range for Medical Science Liaison