As the Medical Director overseeing the global pharmaceutical division, you will serve as a critical member of the global medical affairs team. The Medical Director owns the medical-scientific strategy of the company's pharmaceutical products globally and interacts closely with other groups within the company, including the Commercial Franchise/Brand Team, Global Medical Affairs personnel, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, and other departments. The Medical Director will also interact with health care providers, researchers, advocacy groups, academic institutions, managed care organizations, and government agencies globally.
We are seeking medical directors who are career-driven, have strong leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving successful global medical affairs teams. We offer accelerated career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented medical affairs group.
typical roles and responsibilities for Medical Director
- Provides strategic leadership for company's deep line of pharmaceutical products.
- Develop medical strategy, followed by the design and implementation of the Medical Operating Plans (MOPs): this is done in close collaboration with professional affairs but the leadership of the process remains with the Medical Director who drives review and selection with the Brand/Product Director.
- The Medical Director will have a leading role in oversight, review, analysis and approval of company sponsored clinical studies for the pharmaceutical products assigned to him/her, and will supervise their execution.
- Plan and supervise clinical trials of Phase IIIb and Phase IV acting as the intellectual driver behind a comprehensive scientific strategy for all trials aimed to integrate, expand and complement data from R&D.
- Direct the implementation of an approved medical and scientific strategy of all company pharmaceutical products
- Set the agenda and lead advisory boards, investigator meetings, external medical strategy forums, and other key internal and external focus meetings as necessary
- Oversee and assist in review of company supported external research or other scientific initiatives related to assigned products, and collaborate with R&D scientists, clinical and research scientists in the given therapeutic area, as well as with field-based medical liaisons and investigation and communication of external studies results.
- Establishes high-level relationships with global key opinion leaders as well as with key external decision-makers, like FDA and other notified bodies.
- Acts as the company’s senior scientific consultant and as the therapeutic area expert to internal stakeholders such as the commercial organization including brand teams, R&D.
Requirements for the Medical Director
- MD, US licensure
- BC or BE in Pain Therapy or associate specialty
- 10+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry in either medical affairs, clinical research with a minimum of 3 years experience in pain therapy.
- Specific training and /or experience with prescription pain medications strongly preferred.
- Full working knowledge of GCP guidelines.
- Demonstrated familiarity with PhRMA code of conduct and with regulatory guidelines as they pertain to Phase IV activities.
- Experience in planning and execution of Phase IIIb/IV clinical trials, scientific publications, presentations and dissemination of clinical research data.
- Excellent communications skills and a track record of accomplishment in communicating across all levels of a highly matrix corporate environment
- Strong technical, analytical and statistical skills
- Medical acumen that includes staying up on new industry trends and breakthroughs
Salary range for Medical Director