Psychiatric hospital in RTP is looking to hire a full-time Senior Accountant
typical roles and responsibilities for Staff Accountant – Psychiatric
- Maintains the ledger and prepares month-end financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and performs special projects.
- Assists in the preparation of cost reports and disclosure reports.
- Directs work of the Accounts Payable and Accounting Assistant under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting.
- Performs payroll and accounts payable function in the absence of the Payroll Coordinator and Accounts Payable and for the Pharmacy including analysis of potential business opportunities, anticipated margins, forecasts of future sales and performance metrics.
- Works closely with the Chief Finance Officer and Executive Vice President, Clinic Operations, and other Managers to maintain and develop all vendor and payer contracts.
- Responsible for managing the operational budget of the Pharmacy in conjunction with other staff and manager.
- Assures that all charges are accurately recorded and monitored.
Requirements for Staff Accountant – Psychiatric – Hospital
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience required or two years hospital experience with at least one year functioning in a lead or senior role.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, computerized systems, PC’s word processing and spreadsheet software required.