Searching for a Research Scientist to work with a biotechnology team developing assays and biochemical assays. The Research Scientist will be working with in-vitro characterization of pharmacokinetics of compounds and dose response curves, to select the most optimal compounds. The Research Scientist is responsible for directing the design of custom assays in order to successfully move programs through the research process in a timely manner, in adherence with GLP, appropriate SOPs, and government regulations. This position requires candidates to be capable of working in cross-functional teams and to achieve departmental goals.
The Research Scientist will be a key contributor in building an integrated development plan and will provide support to new development activities, as well as clinical guidance and assessment of future opportunities to advance the science.
Our biotech clients seek research scientists who are career-driven, have strong management technical and analytical and a detailed and ambitious work ethic. Our companies offer strong career growth potential and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities - all with top biotech companies seeking the best in scientific research.
typical roles and responsibilities for Research Scientist
- The Research Scientist will use techniques included but not limited to cell culture, fluorescence/luminescence-based assays, Western-blot, ELISA, PCR, and operating Flexstation-3 and Flow Cytometry.
- The Research Scientist will perform highly-reproducible bench work. This requires meticulous work habits and outstanding hands-on benchwork such as excellent pipetting skills.
- Assist in purchasing reagents and equipment, and with lab maintenance.
- Conduct stability studies and product testing procedures. Key evaluations include in house efficacy, microbial, physico-chemical testing (pH/conductivity, density, viscosity, dispersion, particle size, emulsion/suspension, etc.), compatibility testing (container, tank mix, etc.), as well as ASTM and CIPAC methods.
- Investigate, develop, optimize, and implement new formulation or process technologies.
Requirements for the Research Scientist
- M.S degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology or PhD. degree with limited or no experience.
- 3+ years’ bench science experience in at least one of the following fields: pharmacology, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology and/or biochemistry required.
- Industry experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communications skills; oral, written and electronic
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods.
- Energetic and self-motivated individual able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and creative, and must be able to work effectively in a flexible and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Interpersonal skills required to communicate, advise, negotiate or influence others, as well as, build productive working relationships in various settings.
- Analytical skills required to interpret and summarize (scientific data) and information.
- Planning skills required to organize, prioritize, schedule and coordinate work activities for multiple projects.
Salary range for Research Scientist