We are searching for a Research Epidemiologist, with experience in either/or anti-microbial resistance (AMR), non-HIV infectious disease, emerging diseases, the Global Health Security Agenda. The Research Epidemiologist will manage epidemiological studies of significant scope. Areas of research practice may be in field epidemiology, outbreak investigation, and/or clinical epidemiology.
We are seeking research epidemiologists who are career-driven, have strong scientific leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving successful disease based epidemiological studies. We offer accelerated career growth potential and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented research teams.
typical roles and responsibilities for Epidemiologist
- Facilitate development and growth of the division’s clinical and epidemiological research portfolio
- Develop partnerships and relationships with donors and research partners
- Lead writing grants and other funding proposals
- Mentor junior scientists
- Promote and support scientific excellence
- Lead the planning and execution of a personal portfolio of epidemiological and/or clinical research
- Enhance the visibility and scientific eminence of the division through a variety of activities including: authoring scientific manuscripts and abstracts, participating in professional conferences and meetings, and membership on scientific panels or boards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and epidemiological research methods, theories, concepts and practices
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, and collaborate with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requirements for the Research Epidemiologist
- MD, PhD, DrPH, DPhil, DSc.
- 8+ years experience developing strategies in research studies and scientific projects.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex scientific issues at all levels, including clients and staff
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, university or private organization.
- Research experience with epidemiology, infectious and emerging diseases, clinical research or outbreak investigation
- Experience working on multidisciplinary research teams
- Expertise in anti-microbial resistance strongly preferred
- Ability to work and develop relationships with donors and research partners to grow a research portfolio
Salary range for Epidemiologist