The Operational Excellence Leader, (Op Ex Leader) will lead and manage major Lean Six Sigma (LSS) initiatives. This role will be very hands-on in driving operational excellence, and instilling a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture. The Op Ex Leader will work closely across all functions, to provide leadership and develop methods to support growth and strategic and financial targets. The Operational Excellence Leader will contribute to projects and programs, improving quality and efficiency by strategic process improvement. He or she will drive improvement projects and promote Lean Manufacturing and problem solving tools throughout the company. The Op Ex Leader will train employees on LSS concepts and tools as part of a robust LSS program.
We are looking for Op Ex Leader candidates who are career-driven, have strong leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving successful continuous improvement teams. We offer accelerated career growth potential and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented Lean continuous improvement team.
typical roles and responsibilities for Operational Excellence Leader
- Drive Operational Excellence throughout the entire organization. Develop business and corporate financial goals and attain CI targets.
- Lead complex, high visibility strategic CI projects and work to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Enhance the end to end Value Stream to deliver quantified results.
- Support functional areas in identifying, implementing and tracking of companywide CI/LSS projects.
- Ensure continuous improvement projects are properly scoped, resourced, following any SOPs and QSR regulations.
- Train applicable personnel on newly adopted continuous improvement processes, prroviding ongoing training to designated in-house personnel to improve their skill level, familiarize them with new methods and technologies
- Manage the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Certification program and lead training in Lean Manufacturing - LSS methodologies.
- Collaborate with internal stake holders and drive change at every level and function within organization.
- Guide the development of organizational performance metrics, measures of improvement in key metrics and validate savings related to continuous improvements.
- Implement TPM and OEE in manufacturing and help sustain the program.
- Coach, mentor and support management in achievement of continuous improvement goals.
Requirements for Op Ex Leader
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a technical discipline
- 3+ years leading operational excellence program in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt certification from an accredited institution
- A track record of implementing and sustaining CI programs across an organization
- Experience implementing TPM and OEE preferred
- Change management leadership skills/experience
- Experience in the use of advanced process improvement and statistical tools and techniques
- Life science or medical device industry experience preferred
- Multiple projects at the Black Belt level preferred
- Project management experience
Salary range for Operational Excellence Leader