The Business Development Manager will be responsible for search efforts to identify venture investments, licensing, collaborations and acquisitions which will benefit the company's therapeutic drug development pipeline. The ideal Business Development Manager will have a strong scientific background to manage technical due diligence, ensuring a thorough understanding of the potential and the risks of each opportunity. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with sound scientific knowledge and drug development experience who enjoys an entrepreneurial environment. It is a dynamic role with significant career and company growth potential
We are seeking business development manager candidates who are career-driven, have a strong scientific background in drug development in pharma or biotech. The business development manager should enjoy working in a dynamic business development environment coupled with a deep understanding of industry breakthroughs in drug or pharma development. This company offers accelerated career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented business development team.
typical roles and responsibilities for Business Development Manager
- Identify and evaluate innovative drug development opportunities from pre-clinical through commercial stage
- Through internal and external networking, attending scientific sessions, monitoring of pipelines, news, and VCs, and industry leaders, identify partnership or acquisition opportunities
- Evaluate potential targets, managing the cross functional process. This will include relevant team members in R&D, contract manufacturing, internal manufacturing, IP, and legal.
- Once opportunity is identified, manage the transition to other company leadership including stake-holders including IP and legal.
Requirements for the Business Development Manager
- PhD in a scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience in biotech or pharma business development or drug development with strong technical R&D experience
- Strong scientific background with deep knowledge of industry trends
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and project management skills
- A track record of accomplishment in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills that connect and resonate at the highest levels within a scientific corporate organization.
- The ability to anticipate potential pitfalls, and proactively solve problems
- Strong team player and the ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to create and build relationships with internal and external parties.
- Professional demeanor with strong decision-making skills and ability to work effectively in a highly-charged dynamic environment with competing priorities
- The ability to work independently as well as coordinate and lead large cross functional teams