Searching for an R&D Manager to work with a biotechnology team developing novel new custom assays. The R&D Manager will oversee a team working with in-vitro characterization of pharmacokinetics of compounds and dose response curves, to select the most optimal compounds. The R&D Manager will oversee the development programs through the research process in a timely manner, in adherence with GLP, appropriate SOPs, and government regulations. This position requires candidates to be capable of working in cross-functional teams and to achieve departmental goals.
The R&D Manager will be a key contributor in building an integrated development plan and will provide support to new development activities, as well as clinical guidance and assessment of future opportunities to advance the science.
Our biotech clients seek R&D Managers who are career-driven, have strong management technical and analytical and a detailed and ambitious work ethic. Our companies offer strong career growth potential and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities - all with top biotech companies seeking the best in scientific research.
typical roles and responsibilities for R&D Manager
- The R&D Manager will oversee scientists working with cell culture, fluorescence/luminescence-based assays, Western-blot, ELISA, PCR, and operating Flexstation-3 and Flow Cytometry.
- The Research Scientist manage R&D projects through early stage product development.
- Manage all lab staff.
- Develop and manage R&D budgets for specific projects.
Requirements for the R&D Manager
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology
- 5+ years’ bench science experience in at least one of the following fields: pharmacology, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology and/or biochemistry required.
- 3+ years experience managing R&D teams
- Industry experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communications skills; oral, written and electronic
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods.
- Energetic and self-motivated individual able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and creative, and must be able to work effectively in a flexible and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Interpersonal skills required to communicate, advise, negotiate or influence others, as well as, build productive working relationships in various settings.
- Analytical skills required to interpret and summarize (scientific data) and information.
- Planning skills required to organize, prioritize, schedule and coordinate work activities for multiple projects.
Salary range for R&D Manager