VMS Avionics Engineer
Our client is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform.
· Responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned avionics
o Synthesize integration, validation and verification requirements into a requirement specification
o Identify the equipment and systems required to implement the functionality described in the requirements specification
o Create and maintain the technical baseline for the avionics including complete configuration control
o Design the integration and test approach and procedures for both the hardware in the loop laboratory as well as on the vehicle
o Generate all artifacts and reports required for certification of a CS-23 aircraft
· Bachelor’s Degree In Engineering or Related Field
· The Avionics Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned avionics. That experience should include:
o Demonstrated experience in defining, planning, and developing complex systems level requirements to support avionic systems
o Performing systems level integration activities for aircraft avionic systems including: Control and Display Systems, Navigation Systems, Communication Systems, or Surveillance Systems.
o Interfacing with suppliers to ensure technical requirements were met to support aircraft development need dates.
o Providing technical assistance to production and customer service departments for support of system technical inquires and issue resolution
o Performing system evaluation and analysis to verify the system design compliance with functional requirements
o Coordinating with cross-functional team members to complete assignments/projects as defined and on schedule
o Conducting system lab testing and aircraft functional testing
o Preparing presentations on avionics system design/development status.Supporting system analyses for avionic systems
o Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or system integration labs (SIL)
o Applied experience with hard real-time operating systems and embedded systems
· Master’s degree in Engineering or Related Field
· Proficiency in writing technical requirements, documentation, and reports involving test data and analysis
· Familiarity with avionics/electrical test laboratories and lab equipment
· Working knowledge of system qualification requirements including DO-160F/G for environmental, DO-178B/C for software, and DO-254 for complex electronic hardware.
· Familiarity with SAE ARP 4754a and ARP 4761
· Ability to manage and complete complex work assignments
· Ability to work independently and within a multi-functional team environment
· Ability to support production and customer service to trouble shoot and recommend solutions to aircraft issues
· Experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
· Broad understanding of instrumentation, interfaces and sensors including data acquisition, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Discrete I/O, General Purpose I/O, RS-422, RS-232, ARINC-429, CANBus, switch technologies and topologies, accelerometers, Resistive Temperature Detectors (RTDs), and thermocouples
· Intermediate programming capability in C/C++ and/or Python
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
· 3D experience PLM
· Polarion ALM
· Catia V5
· Python and/or
· C/C++ and/or Python
· Mechanical Engineer
· Electronics Engineer
· Electrical Engineer
· Computer Engineer
· Hardware / Software Integration
1. Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
1. Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
2. Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
3. Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
4. Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
5. Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
6. Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.