RF and Communications Engineer
· Work with the comms lead to design the communication architecture for the Clients (UAS)
· Lead the RF subsystem equipment selection to implement the selected architecture.
· Perform link budget calculations for LOS and BLOS datalinks.
· Work with network and software engineers to integrate the RF subsystem equipment into the UAS.
· Test the RF subsystem in the lab and in the field.
· Guide/Oversee the equipment installation in both, the aircraft and ground control station.
· Life cycle management of the requirements applicable to the RF subsystem.
· Oversee RF analysis including electromagnetic simulations.
· Manage equipment suppliers and subcontractors.
· Degree in Telecommunications / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
· Strong knowledge of integration and testing of RF datalinks and radios.
· Experience with RF instrumentation.
· Working knowledge of antennas.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong communications skills.
· Demonstrated history across all aspects of the systems engineering process: requirements development, design, development, integration, test, verification, and validation.
· Experience with UAS.
· Working knowledge of equipment installation on aircrafts.
· Experience with satellite communications equipment.
· Knowledge of digital communications including MIMO.
· Some experience in electromagnetic simulation for antennas/systems.
· Understanding of network architectures and main protocols.
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
· Ansys SCADE Architect
· Telecommunications Engineer
· Electrical Engineer
· Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV)
· Unmanned Air System (UAS)
1. Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
2. Also please do not have more than one job application, rather apply to one position, and refer to other positions that you are interested in, in the NOTES section.
3. Since BambooHR is a 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
1. Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
2. Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
3. Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
4. Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
5. Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
6. Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.