Electrical and Propulsion Responsible Engineer
· Responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned powerplant
§ developing operational and performance requirements for motors and motor drivers.
§ Defining the verification plan for propulsion units, including simulations, lab, and integration tests.
§ Designing power-plan architecture using MBSE tools.
o Create and maintain the technical baseline for the propulsion system
o all artifacts and reports required for certification of a Part-23 aircraft
· Bachelor’s Degree In Electrical, Aerospaceor a related
· The Propulsion Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned powerplant. That experience should include:
o Demonstrated experience in defining, planning, and developing complex systems-level requirements to support propulsion systems
o Performing systems-level integration activities for aircraft propulsion systems including Motors, controllers,.
o Interfacing with suppliers to ensure technical requirements were met to support aircraft development need dates.
o Providing technical assistance to production and customer service departments for support of system technical inquiries and issue resolution
o Performing system evaluation and analysis to verify the system design compliance with functional requirements
o Coordinating with cross-functional team members to complete assignments/projects as defined and on schedule
o system lab testing and aircraft functional testing
o Preparing presentations on propulsion system design/development status. Supporting system analyses for propulsion systems
o Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or system integration labs.
· Master’s degree in Electrical, Aerospaceor a related Design of electromechanical machines.
· Proficiency in writing technical requirements, documentation, and reports involving test data and analysis
· Familiarity with avionics/electrical test laboratories and lab equipment
· Working knowledge of system qualification requirements including DO-160F/G for environmental.
· Familiarity with SAE ARP 4754a and ARP 4761
· Ability to manage and complete complex work assignments
· Ability to work independently and within a multi-functional team environment
· Ability to support production and customer service to troubleshoot and recommend solutions to aircraft issues
· Working knowledge of electric powertrain main elements such as batteries, power distribution, and control systems
· Ansys SCADE
· Ansys simulations
· Polarion ALM
· Electrical motors
· Propulsion engineer
· Hardware in the loop (HIL)
1. Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
2. Also please do not have more than one job application, rather apply to one position, and refer to other positions that you are interested in, in the NOTES section.
3. Since BambooHR is a 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
1. Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
2. Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
3. Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
4. Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
5. Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
6. Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.