System Engineering Developer
Our client is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform.
As a member of the Systems Engineering Team you will be responsible of the following activities for the main UAS Programs:
· Responsible for developing a Systems Engineering Management Plan to maintain a consistent SE methodology across the program.
· Responsible for requirements validation and keeping a good requirements standard across the company.
· Perform requirements analysis and management at all Levels.
· Validate requirements at system, capability and equipment level.
· Support MBSE development and management at all Levels.
· Identify governing standards or industry guidelines for the development of the various systems.
· Generate reports and metrics for program transition reviews.
· Develop the Verification Plan of the program.
· Coordinate with Engineering the creation of Verification Procedures and Verification Reports.
· Provides validation of the Verification Procedures and appropriate lab set-ups.
· Support system integration and test.
· Verify all the requirements at system, capability, and item levels,
· Development of the Verification Cross Reference Matrix.
· Create and trace all the problem reports during the verification campaigns.
· Support AW on the delivery of System level documentation to achieve a permit to fly.
· Demonstrated experience (more than 5 years) in systems engineering modeling and documenting, including the creation of the following work products during the complete lifecycle:
o Concept of Operations
o Requirements elicitation and analysis
o Use Cases
o Behavior Diagrams
o Trade Studies
o System Architecture
o Interface Control Documents
o Risk Analysis
o Verification Plans
· Demonstrated background (more than 5 years) in Systems Engineering methodology development (ARP4754, IEEE 15288,…).
Preferred Tool / Process Experience:
· Experience on projects seeking or receiving certification at the system or product level in the Aerospace or Automotive industries (CS-23, CS-25, TSO, DO-178C, DO-254)
· Experience with Systems Engineering SW tools – MBSE, Requirements databases.
· Experience as System Requirements developer in the Aerospace sector
· 3DExperience PLM or other PLM tool
· SCADE Architect or other SysML tool
· Polarion ALM
· Good working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, Software Engineering highly desired.
· History of management of requirements databases including performing bi-directional tracing, allocation of requirements from higher to lower levels, and creating regular metrics on requirements development status.
· Desirable ASEP, CSEP, or good knowledge of SE Handbook.
1. Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
1. Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.