Sr. Embedded Software Engineer Lead
Our client is looking for motivated, process-oriented and creative software engineer lead to join the embedded software team to develop safety-critical code for the UAV and ground station. The job includes full lifecycle development following DO-178C objectives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Software is developed with model-based software tools, and experience with SCADE Suite is preferred. The responsibilities include:
· Lead/manage local embedded software team
· Work with Spanish team to meet company software needs
· Responsible for writing code for UAS command and control
· Responsible for writing code to interface with modems/radios onboard the aircraft and within the control system
· Responsible for writing code to interface with payloads onboard our clients UAS
· Work independently to understand all interface requirements for modems/radios/payloads and write the low-level code to remotely manage these systems
· Work with other team members to define the overall aircraft networking architecture, communications protocol, and equipment requirements
· Developing safety-critical and mission-critical software using SCADE
· Decomposing and deriving software requirements that address safety, security, and performance in addition to baseline functional requirements
· Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to design efficient, safe code
· Documenting the software design
· Support software test and systems engineering in reviewing and updating the design
· Bachelor’s Degree In Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field with 10+ years
· Demonstrated history in the design, prototyping, and testing of high reliability software with 10+ years experience
· Experience in the design of flight Critical Software Architectures
· Experience in leading or managing a team of software engineers
· Masters Degree or PhD in Software Engineering or Related Field
· 5+ years of experience in aerospace, automotive, railway, or defense industries in embedded software development
· Knowledge of MIL-STD software development
· Experience in development under ARP-4754, DO-254, DO-178
· Extensive Experience in C/C++
· Extensive Experience with SCADE
· SCADE Architect/Studio
· SCADE Suite
1. Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
2. Also please do not have more than one job application, rather apply to one position, and refer to other positions that you are interested in, in the NOTES section.
3. Since BambooHR is a 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
1. Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
2. Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
3. Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
4. Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
5. Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
6. Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.