At Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer for our Structure Division who is driven, enthusiastic and who wants to establish him or herself with a stable and growing company. This position plans, monitors, and supervises on-site construction engineering activities for a particular project, maintaining liaison with owner regarding project progress and changes; insures project engineering activities comply with company and owner requirements, providing interpretation of design and application of construction methods. Competitive candidates will have experience on structures projects.
- Analyze and price out change orders.
- Assist with the management of job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project schedules.
- Manage project engineering assignments to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project engineering staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
- Directs and coordinates activities of field personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project management and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Obtain and utilize the most skilled and appropriate workers for each task.
- Coordinate multi-phases and tasks of construction including the management and scheduling of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers as well as any self-performed work.
- Provide support to Project Manager.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project.
- Participates in the preparation of project reports for management and owners.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Prepare the weekly project schedule
- Prepare CPM monthly updates
- Maintain project budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills.
- First Aid Trained
- CPR/AED Trained
- OSHA 10 Trained
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Certified QSP for SWPPP
- Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
- Must be proficient in Build2Win, Sketch Up and Bluebeam.
- Must work in Estimating department for a minimum of 4 additional months
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Other requirements may apply
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Company Benefits Package
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company’s success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)
Annual Salary Range: $85,000 – $105,000.