At Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer for our Underground Division who is driven, enthusiastic and who wants to establish him or herself with a stable and growing company. This position offers technical information to the Project Manager to insure work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications. The Project Engineer may coordinate change orders, expedite material and job site equipment, assist in the preparation of estimates, and compile data to assist in analyzing project progress. Viable candidates will have experience on underground projects.
- Perform project start up duties.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Maintain document and project controls including preparation of:
- Daily reports
- Cost codings
- Time and material requests
- Progress payment requests
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
- Review and monitor accounts payable, subcontracts and time sheets.
- Facilitate job site meetings.
- Track Project Labor Costs and Equipment.
- Assemble project schedules.
- Perform job closeout duties.
- Update daily diary.
- Perform independent analysis of change orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills.
- First Aid Trained
- CPR/AED Trained
- OSHA 10 Trained
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Certified QSP for SWPPP
- Proficiency in reading Standard Plans and Specs
- Proficiency in Reading P6 Schedules
- Proficiency in Blue Beam, Sketch Up and Build2Win
- Must be proficient in material takeoffs
- Thoroughly understand document controls
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Other requirements may apply
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Company Benefits Package
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company’s success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)
Annual Salary Range: $65,000 – $95,000.
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Company is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.