Flight Test Engineer
Our client is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform.
You will join an experienced high-performing Flight Test team. You have to be a US Citizen (Green Card may work). It is a fast-paced environment, and the selected candidate must bring flight test experience and existing skills to quickly contribute to the Test Program. Ability to communicate and work with engineers across all our IPTs is essential to defining a successful flight test mission. These are known as “human skills” or “soft skills”.
· Planning and execution of development and certification flight tests for aircraft (manned/unmanned) and systems as member of the flight test team
· Development of procedures and maneuvers for flight test cards
· Flight test mission profile design and schedule coordination
· Attending test crew pre/post mission briefings
· Participation during onsite and offsite test campaigns
· Maintenance of the flight test process and process documentation
· Development, guidance and documentation of training for flight test personnel
· Data reduction and qualified real-time/ post flight analysis
· Compilation of test reports
Additional tasks may include:
· Attendance and participation in management meetings
· Off-site support for meetings and flight test activities
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in aerospace engineering; alternatively a similar engineering degree or an adequate education/ experience in the aeronautical industry
· Required: Minimum 3 years professional working experience in flight test
· Experience with development and certification testing is desired
· Test conductor or Test director experience is an advantage
· Flight background (Pilot License) is an advantage
· Experience in aircraft system performance evaluation, verification, and validation
· Understanding of instrumentation and Data Processing
· Configuration management experience
· Structured, process and solution-oriented way of working
· Good knowledge of the English language
· Good communication skills and good team worker
· International mindset
· Flexible worker, prepared to support and act in other functions across the organization
· Good knowledge of all MS-Office software
· Experience with Confluence, JIRA and Polarion will be an advantage
· Presentation experience to company and customer audiences
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
· Threat Hazard Analysis (THA) development, What-Ifs definition
· Polarion ALM
1. Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
1. Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
2. Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
3. Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
4. Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
5. Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
6. Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.