Searching for a VP of Healthcare Analytics. This person will drive development of descriptive and prescriptive analytics and implement predictive analytics of hospitals or health plans as well as build reporting capabilities that bridge clinical operations and hospitals. The VP of Healthcare Analytics will oversee a team that drives metrics tracking and process mapping for the healthcare business analytics group. Lead, manage and execute analytics/reporting tools & self-service solutions to meet business leader needs in support of data-driven decision making. Anticipate, spearhead, and execute new projects and incorporate new concepts into existing products to support real-time decision making at point of care. Manage the financial impact of analytic initiatives. Ensure effective collaboration across business units and the analytics group while adhering to legal restrictions. Ensure standardized analytics group processes and formats.
Our healthcare clients seek analytics leaders who are career-driven, have strong management and mentoring skills and a depth of experience in managing healthcare business systems analytics teams. Our companies offer excellent career growth potential and benefits. We have many opportunities - all with top healthcare companies seeking the best in healthcare business leadership.
typical roles and responsibilities for VP Healthcare Analytics
- The VP of Healthcare Analytics will work closely with healthcare system business stakeholders to develop vision, strategy, goals, and objectives for integrated informatics teams.
- Lead efforts to bridge the knowledge and skill gap between analytic group resources and business operators
- Work with analytics group directors and business leadership to develop the strategic agenda, tactical execution plan, and project pipeline for integrated informatics.
- Design and implement standardized practices to drive alignment and consistency throughout operations and output across hub-and-spoke model
- Lead, review and provide recommendations to design and integrate new analytical processes to translate data into actionable insights so as to enhance organizational analytical capabilities and support strategic business decision-making
- Coordinate the effective delivery of analytics group output to ensure outcomes that meet business leaders’ expectations
- Work with analytics directors and business leadership to develop the strategic agenda and project pipeline for the integrated informatics teams.
- Proactively identify opportunities for new reporting/analytics/research
- Oversee and provide guidance to integrate analytical orientation to drive key success metrics related to cost leadership, exceptional experience, and better health
- Work with the Data Steward Lead, EDW team, IT, and Tools and Solutions team to translate requirements
- Hold team accountable for executing the integrated descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics that bridge resources and bring an enterprise focus to business leaders
- Maximize the value of payer administrative and provider clinical data and support an integrated approach to analytics
- Work with legal department to ensure adherence to restrictions stay current with market regulations
- Lead a portfolio of analytics projects which includes the plan, scope, and functional requirements development, project prioritization and risk management
- Provide and coordinate analytics education to a broader group of stakeholders outside of the analytics group
- Maintain technical expertise and serve as a subject matter advisor on reporting/ analytics/ research products for the enterprise
- Direct and manage the Integrated Informatics resources, including, but not limited to, personnel decisions and activities such as hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, disciplinary issues, and implementation of personnel policies
- Create consistent career development programs and training opportunities across the analytic group model.
- Support and promote the development of all analytical talent across the analytic group model
- Proficient in tools, technology & analytical methods, as well as proficiencies among his/her staff
- Manage analytical informatics team budget and support the overall budget
- Support analytics program management and Information Management (IM) Governance efforts
Requirements for the VP of Healthcare Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- Experience leading, managing and executing analytics reporting tools and self-service solutions to meet business leader needs in support of data-driven decision-making.
- Experience developing, managing and executing new projects
- Experience incorporating new concepts into existing products to support real time decision making at point of care
- Progressive experience managing the financial impact of analytic initiatives.
- A depth of experience and progressive experience driving collaborative teams across business units and the analytics group
- Extensive working experience with standardized analytics group processes and formats
Salary range for VP Healthcare Analytics