The Process Engineering position focuses on designing, developing, and implementing new or revised processes. An Experienced Professional position applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. This position must be able to work independently with general supervision and may influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Works on process problems of moderate scope and assists with projects or processes while receiving general instructions from higher level professionals
- Designs equipment and processes to ensure most efficient and productive operations.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials and operating equipment
- Determines process design by balancing process cost, yield, and material waste considerations.
- Conducts tests throughout all stages of processing to determine control over applicable variables and prevents/solves process problems
- Supports continuous improvement/automation activities
- Uses six sigma methodology to drive cost savings and waste and scrap improvements
- Experience with rubber manufacturing
- Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black)
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering) and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience