Position will be responsible for managing various elements of revenue cycle service delivery including process, policy, performance, compliance, and quality. Areas of focus will include direct responsibility for managerial oversight of revenue cycle staff, talent acquisition and development, maintaining productivity, maintaining quality, ensuring compliance, and leading divisional continuous improvement initiatives. Priorities will include ongoing evolution of metrics used to track employee and division performance and assessment of current business practices relative to application of technology and other forms of workflow automation. As a senior leader in the organization and a member of the Executive Leadership Team, position will be expected to contribute to both divisional and organizational strategy and positively influence company culture, accountability, and overall performance.
· Oversee multiple managers of billing, payment posting, charge entry, credentialing, and coding staff.
· Recruit, coach, develop, and performance manage, ensuring that direct reports effectively do same.
· Apply strict level of operational discipline in continuous oversight of business unit activity and continuous improvement of work efficiency and effectiveness.
· Utilize data, metrics, KPI’s and other objective means to identify performance opportunities and to measure ongoing team and individual performance.
· Ensure compliance with defined process, policy, and compliance with applicable government regulation.
· Provide management oversight of RCM client onboarding and lifecycle management processes.
· Develop strategic long and short-range plans, and related business plans along with providing operational and tactical leadership in support of these strategies.
· Build and maintain positive working relationships through open communication, collaboration, and transparency with a diverse group of stakeholders including clients, peer leaders, and staff.
· Maintain effective communication with the organization, providing progress updates including but not limited to project plans, timelines, and reports to the key stakeholders.
· Identify areas of opportunity to promote MMG capabilities and appropriate cross-selling of MMG services.
· Evolve business unit structure and organization to meet demands of organizational strategies and external environment.
· Build and maintain relationships, effectively leading and influencing beyond the assigned reporting structure.
· Ensure team delivery of exceptional client service and remarkable client experiences.
· Demonstrate consistent proficiency in areas including leadership, problem solving, and resilience to develop and maintain a culture of trust, accountability, and transparency.
· Maintain professional affiliations and participate in professional development activity with objective of maintaining knowledge of healthcare industry trends and developments.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required with advanced degrees and / or relevant technical training viewed favorably.
· Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in healthcare industry including a minimum of 5 years in revenue cycle execution and leadership role(s) overseeing management level staff.
· Minimum of 10 years in position with functional responsibility for managing operations and overseeing complex operational execution.
· Experience in budgeting and demonstrated ability to manage P&L to expected margins and results.
· Proven ability to recruit, develop, and performance manage talent in achieving superior business and operating outcomes.
· Direct experience in physician office billing and collection activity with exposure and experience in inpatient setting viewed favorably.
· Exposure to multiple medical group practice management platforms viewed favorably.
· In depth knowledge of revenue cycle business functions and principles including experience with, and exposure to, relevant technology platforms.
· Superior analytic and problem-solving skills, supporting strategic and operational planning.
· Exposure to, and understanding of, relevant measures of performance.
· Experience in leading change and organizational improvement.
· Competency in process improvement and application of automation to improve efficiencies.
· Ability to interface directly with external clients in sales process, onboarding, and ongoing relationship management.
· Strong client service orientation (external and internal).
· Knowledge and experience successfully leading multifaceted implementation projects simultaneously.
· Ability to operationalize a vision, create a workplan which outlines tactical steps, and realistic timelines to achieve the vision.
· Capability to plan, organize, and integrate simultaneous priorities and deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
· Familiarity with, and experience managing compliance to relevant regulatory standards.
· Ability to independently work in an ambiguous environment, creating structure, identifying required roles and assigning responsibilities, holding stakeholders to deadlines.
· Demonstration of resiliency and ability to redirect effort and energy as necessary based on new information and/or changes in priorities.
· Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills applied to confidently and effectively articulate complex information.
· Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Teams.