Company is a diversified management and holding company that conducts business through wholly-owned subsidiaries. They’re looking to add a staff and a senior internal auditor to their team. The new auditors will be responsible for conducting audits of their well known brand name subsidiaries throughout the US, Canada, UK & in Melbourne Australia
The position is responsible for performing the following:
• Operational and financial reviews
• Compliance reviews to assess the Company’s compliance with its Standard Operating Procedures
• Review management’s SOX testing
• Independent SOX testing, for selected higher risk areas
• Audit assist procedures for external audit reliance
• Physical inventory observations
• Perform ad-hoc projects, including T&E reimbursement audits, duplicate payment and vendor review, and advise on Company initiatives
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with management
Due to the diversity of the locations, travel is anticipated to be up to 20% on an annual basis (with opportunity to travel more if desired). Majority of travel will be to Memphis, however they also have over 50 distribution centers throughout the US. Additionally, there is potential for travel to Canada, UK & Australia. When not travelling, the audit team typically works remotely from their homes 2-3 days each week.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Completing audit test procedures.
• Communicating audit findings.
• Assisting in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
• Documenting results of audit testing in a complete, organized and accurate manner to meet the reperformance standard.
• Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs.
• Assisting in the development of the audit report.
• Cooperate with external auditors and our internal audit co-source provider in order to expedite audit work.