The Mechanical Engineer will design and develop the mechanics of packaging machinery from
existing designs or accumulation of designs for optimum performance at the most economical
costs. Prepare a package of working drawings and bills of materials for standard manufacturing
How you will impact:
• Provide standard machinery designs for solving our customer’s packaging needs and develop
effective packaging processes.
• Use 3D solid modeling to design machinery mechanics from an accumulation of industry
standard designs to develop innovative machinery for customer’s changing needs.
• Responsible for accuracy of calculations in the fields of kinematics, dynamics, pneumatics and
servo motion analysis required for designing automation mechanisms and equipment.
• Create and maintain mechanical bills of materials, in a structured format and submit to
production for manufacturing on the specific equipment.
• Detail working drawing mechanics for economical manufacturing practices.
• Research purchased mechanical components for adequate sizing and selection of mechanical
• Develop working assembly drawings for production and customer usage in component
• Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the mechanical designs for our machinery.
• Understand customer’s mechanical specifications and needs for their packaging
operations. Assist technical writer in creation of machine documentation.
• Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager, Directs: Draftsman or clerk, Indirect: Mechanics
• Maintains internal relationship with fellow employees
• Maintains external relationships with Customer and their specific needs, Supplier
Representatives and company personnel.
• Measurements of Performance:
o Achievement of company objectives
o Fulfilling customer machinery expectations.
o Effectiveness in machinery designs
o Effectiveness in detail drawing communication
o Accuracy in machinery designs, detail drawings, and calculations
o Complete and accurate bills of materials
o Meeting completion times for designs
o Effective cost reduction designs
o Quality workmanship
What you need to succeed
• Bachelor’s Degree (BSME) preferred or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience in mechanical and pneumatic designing of packaging machinery.
• Design experience – Required
• Proficiency in 3D modeling.
• Good analytical and mathematical skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Knowledge of standard drafting practices.
• Good penmanship.
• Good understanding of manufacturing practices.
• Capable of construction and implementing mechanical designs.
• Self-motivated individual.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.