A leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for dual-eligible patients in the Detroit MI area is looking to hire a Primary Care Physician.
Operating exclusively in value-based agreements, this medical group provides high-touch, individualized care for patients, and deploys wraparound clinical resources to extend the reach of primary care practices. This comprehensive medical management solution, elevated by proprietary population health technology, improves overall healthcare quality and patient outcomes, benefitting payers and their provider networks.
typical roles and responsibilities for Primary Care Physician
- Responsible to the Regional Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer, respectively.
- Responsible to the Market President and respective Clinic Administrator for administrative,
- Administer an ambulatory practice that provides quality patient care in a multi-disciplinary format with ancillary health providers.
- Participate in group committees concerned with ambulatory care management and quality.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings and conferences when requested.
- Participate in coding, billing, and compliance initiatives to ensure high quality clinical care delivery and efficiency.
- Serve as an advisor and role model for Medical Assistants, Care Coordinators, and other affiliated staff within the clinics and member facilities.
- The opportunity to supervise and teach residents and/or medical students should company choose to sponsor such positions may be available depending on group assignment of such activities.
- Participate in a system of quality assurance and improvement as coordinated by and in concert with the Regional Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer.
- Provide direct patient care and serve as a mentor, supervisor, and consultant to mid-level practitioners.
- Provide direct patient care in ambulatory clinic settings or in the home should continuity of care require home-based visits.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding documentation and coding, billing and collections, referrals, and other clinical practice regulations.
- Participate in call-coverage, on an equitable basis, as defined by the group.
Requirements for Primary Care Physician
- Board Certified or Board eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine with a strong commitment to ambulatory care.
- Quality assessment and utilization management experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interact collegially with attending physicians, ancillary staff, administration, and other services/departments.
- Excellent knowledge and skills pertaining to the ambulatory care of adult patients.