The Director Business Development is a sales management position responsible for generating sales and managing the accounts of a CDMO specializing in microbial and plasmid process development and manufacturing, targeting small to medium size pharma and biotech companies entering the clinic through to commercial manufacturing.
The focus of this role is to assist in the sales and marketing effort and establish company as the go to CDMO for microbial and plasmid development and manufacturing, identify the target market and close process development agreements and commercial manufacturing contracts.
This position will report directly to the CEO.
typical roles and responsibilities for Director Business Development
- Execute business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Sales and revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
- Effectively and confidently negotiate and close deals.
- Interact with members of the management team to secure new business opportunities and assist in strategic business expansion and planning.
- Drive international sales team and marketing activities, in accordance with the Business
- Development Plan and Account (client) List
- Maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation i.e. presentations / proposals / agreements/ updates to meet client needs.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals.
- Assist in the generation of Proposals / Contracts / Agreements, Client Service Agreements etc.
- Interact with sales support and members of the management team to insure proposals / contracts are consistent with execution plans.
- Update Business Development databases to include opportunities, proposals issued , approved projects, and BD activities and other tracking indexes.
- Present customized and updated presentations to existing and potential clients.
- Strong client management and sales skills.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, and presentation
- Integrate with business development team.
- Work within and contribute to the work ethic, culture and values of the business development group.
- Act as the customer’s internal champion.
Responsible for lead generation and appointment setting
- Represent Company at industry events and tradeshows in a professional manner to gain new business leads and contacts
- Assist in the creation of Company marketing literature and advertisements.
- Complete requested administrative reports on a timely basis. Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for Director Business Development
Advanced degree, MSc or PhD. in Biology with an understanding of basic cell expression and fermentation
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry including a solid working knowledge of Microbial and Plasmid development, processing and manufacturing.
- A minimum of 8 years of the above experience in a sales and account management position.
- Recent experience in a biologics contract development and manufacturing organization
- Proven success in development, management, and execution of sales pipelines and driving sales to closure to meet the company’s timelines.
- Presents with upbeat and positive attitude in all situations
- Ability to identify, vet, and close sales opportunities
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Manages personal and interpersonal stress
- Has the discipline to stay focused and complete specific task
- Interacts well with others
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strictly follows the company policy on client confidentiality