Heavy Civil General Contractor looking for an experienced Project Manager with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Manager will be responsible for projects located in the Greater Los Angeles area and will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Oversees a team of analysts to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and to specifications.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, on budget, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Manages all project operations including staff and client relationships.
- Manages all subcontractors for timely completion and quality.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and subcontractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Schedules and supervises foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Conducts cost analysis on an ongoing basis, projecting expected costs for the project.
- Implements a budget based on estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints from various stakeholders throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Communicates directly with internal management concerning project cost, staffing and scheduling.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of eight years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications are highly desirable.
- Experience working with Caltrans or applicable city transportation experience on projects over $5M
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.