Exceptional Opportunity for a Plant Electrical Engineer to join a $4B diversified global manufacturing company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industries. This division is the largest graphite producer in the US and is well-positioned for the Electric Vehicle battery markets! This is a key position with growth opportunities in this global manufacturing company located in the beautiful, family-friendly Morgantown/Clarksburg, WV area.
We want an Electrical Engineer who:
- Provides technical support to manufacturing operations.
- Provides for continuous improvement of manufacturing operations through the design, selection and installation of new equipment and systems and the modification of existing equipment and systems.
- Provides support to maintenance operations.
- Creates and/or maintains current documentation of equipment and systems.
- Provides for the continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Assures maximum reliability of equipment, processes and procedures.
- Provides engineering support to operations in the troubleshooting, rebuilding and repair of electrical equipment and automated systems.
- Applies new technology to older equipment, to improve equipment performance, reliability, and throughput.
- Implement modifications to existing equipment including scope, estimate, procurement, construction / installation and troubleshooting.
- Specifies machine and gauge control systems; integrated automation including robotics and servo controls; HMI systems; and data collection systems
- Provides complete project management for new machine and system modifications, installations and upgrades.
- Creates and/or maintains current documentation of processes and operating procedures.
- Maintains a high level of personal and professional knowledge of related technologies and manufacturing systems.
- Performs other assigned duties as determined by the manager.
- BS in Electrical Engineering OR equivalent professional qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience commissioning and troubleshooting machine/ process controls
- Fluent in editing and developing PLC programs.
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage distribution, transformers, substations and metering
- Able to deliver complete and accurate electrical system drawing packages.
- Experienced in analyzing and solving technical problems.
- Skilled in applying novel solutions to solve problems and complete projects.
- Motivated self-starter, hands on approach, and detail oriented.
- Professional certifications / training is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus