The primary function of this position is to assist in developing plans for the implementation of new plant design. This position is responsible for managing the construction and maintenance of the fiber infrastructure to maximize ROI, customer reliability and network availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and project ownership by leading the implementation, execution, and communication of projects
- Review new and existing design for network installations
- Review and approve designs for new properties
- Manage and coordinate outside plant construction using both in-house and contract resources
- Provide oversight and direction for the design, initiation, and implementation of network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints
- Managed the day-to-day construction of an installation crew
- Responsible for meeting QC standards
- Responsible for personnel administration and development of outside plant engineering staff
- Knowledge of splicing techniques, troubleshooting techniques, network architecture, documentation necessities and end-to-end process
- Ensure system compliance and regulations are met
- Liaise with other departments as necessary to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Troubleshoot systems as necessary and lead in the restoration of all plant issues
- Manage relationships of Local Authorities, 3rd parties and ROW contacts
- Maintenance, design, provisioning and troubleshooting of outside plant components
- Responsible for the development and implementation of methods, procedures and practices related to the Company’s Construction and documentation policies.
- Respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation.
- Other duties as assigned include non-technical and administrative/project management duties.
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred in construction, telecommunication, or engineering. Relevant work experience in a similar role within a telecommunication/utility environment will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years required within the telecommunications industry working with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication networks, optical transport equipment and project management.
- 5+ years’ experience with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and is expected to travel as required to assigned projects.