Mechanical Engineering Manager – Atlanta, GA
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will have both functional and technical management
responsibility for your team in the design and development of high-speed, automated packaging
equipment. You will ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications. This is a great
opportunity for someone to build their own process and procedure based on personal experience and
best practices. This position is located at our Packaging Machinery & Automation facility near Atlanta, GA
where packaging machinery is designed and created for our customers.
How you will impact:
• Leading the design of high speed, automated packaging machinery including mechanical
layout, sourcing components and generating BOMs.
• Coordinate with project managers, manufacturing, supply chain and electrical engineers to
ensure projects are completed to specifications.
• Setting standards for the team, assigning projects and setting priorities.
• Establishing relationships with customer facing organizations, vendors and suppliers.
• Drawing up budgets, schedules, education and training.
• Conducting root cause analysis, performing diagnostics, and troubleshooting equipment
• Ensuring a safe, positive work environment.
• Drive development projects by directing and influencing cross functional teams
• Manage subcontractors and their work to meet design requirements within project timelines
• Machine Production and Installation Support
o Support the Technical Sales managers on platform production projects
o Respond to questions, troubleshoot, provide studies and estimates
o Provide cost effective solutions to problems effecting the customer product while
maintaining the integrity of the design
• Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the mechanical designs for our machinery.
• Understand customer’s mechanical specifications and needs for their packaging operations.
• Maintains internal relationship with fellow employees
• Maintains external relationships with Customer and their specific needs, Supplier
representatives and company personnel.
What you need to succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
• 5+ years in engineering, preferable working on high-speed, automated machinery.
• Experience in organizational change management.
• Experience with ASME Y14.5 and GD&T
• Experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment.
• Packaging Machinery Equipment experience is a plus.
• Additional licensure or certification may be required.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
• Practical experience with CAD software, PLM systems and engineering change management.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities.
• Ability to travel 10-15% to include travel to our international sister plant in France.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.