We are a relationship-based land development solutions provider with team members providing land surveying, civil engineering, and project management services from our Georgia-based offices. Since 1966, we have built our reputation on repeat business from wildly satisfied clients who unquestionably use us for their next project.
Senior Engineer/Project Manager – (Land/Site Development)
The ideal candidate will possess a healthy mix of both public & private projects to fulfill this role.
This position functions as a senior member of an RAI client services team to facilitate the completion of assigned projects and tasks by providing leadership, direction, training, and mentoring to junior staff within the team organization and coordination and cooperation with the client and other teams & personnel within the firm.
This senior-level client services position functions as a part of a client services team and is responsible for organizing, leading, and managing a staff of junior-level technical personnel in producing construction plans that clients and their contractors can use for the development and construction of projects.
Essential Job Duties
- Plan, organize, and lead the assigned staff’s daily engineering activities to accomplish client project tasks. Identify and manage priorities of assigned staff to meet client, team, and corporate goals.
- May function in a leadership position concerning actual accomplishment of tasks and/or may function as technical consultant to other team members.
- Function as a contact point for the client concerning the engineering aspects of his/her project, including conflict resolution, with RAI. Facilitate good communications among the client, all RAI departments and team groups and applicable governing bodies.
- With the Team Leader, attend and participate in initial client meetings regarding new project proposals as well as new project kickoffs to ensure a clear understanding of the complete project in order to be able to effectively contribute to the preparation of proposals and facilitate the proper completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist Team Leader in preparing proposals for clients, including a clear and complete scope of work, pricing, time schedule and resource requirements (both RAI and subconsultants).
- Review and approve a) the technical approach to project tasks and b) intermediate & finished work product to ensure that they meet the objectives of client while adhering to local, state and federal laws. Also assure compliance with company quality assurance/control standards.
- Review the research and data necessary for the design of the project., such as zoning conditions, latest design standards, existing utility information, environmental issues, topo, etc.
- Coordinate with applicable government agencies and attend meetings as appropriate to assure that client projects comply with agency regulations and are approved by them.
- Ensure that additional work requested by the client that is outside the scope of the original contract is identified and that change orders are issued and approved by the client before this additional work is done.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with 8-plus years of experience with civil engineering design in land & site development.
- Professional Engineers’ (P.E.) License in the State of Georgia
- Required sufficient knowledge of CAD software
We are an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.