Our client. is an integrated design firm with architectural design, Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering disciplines in-house. They operate on the belief that engineers and architects who possess a broad base of experience, who work in concert within the same firm – provide their clientele with the most efficient and creative solutions for their design needs.
Their project portfolio includes industrial plants, processing facilities, manufacturing and warehouse distribution centers, business parks, office buildings, laboratories, and research centers. The firm has been in business for more than four decades and boasts a loyal client base that ranges from family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Almost ninety percent of their projects are with repeat customers!
They Value and Appreciate Their Employees
This opportunity also comes with all the benefits you would expect at a solid career focused firm:
· Strong compensation and discretionary profit-sharing plan
· Family oriented culture that understands the value of work/life balance
· Team environment with active and involved management
· Office environment is an open office with cubicles
· The chance to work on exciting projects, often with well-known companies
· Medical Insurance, 75% paid by Company
· Company paid Dental, life insurance up to $100,000, STD, and LTD
· Health Savings Account/ Health Savings Account / Health Reimbursement accounts available
· 401k retirement plan with 4% company match
· 9 paid holidays and a generous vacation plan
Your Role With the Company
As a Junior to Mid level Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing HVAC production drawings, plumbing designs, process piping, including compressed air, gas, water piping. You will also be preparing fire protection specification sheets and scope documents, review documentation on projects, interact with clients, attending client meetings, managing others, supervising and working closely with the Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will independently be coordinating information with other disciplines to make sure deliverables are compliant with client expectations. There is an opportunity to progress into the Company Leadership Team.
Project Types: Industrial manufacturing, food processing, distribution warehouse, office, office/warehouse, and other commercial buildings.
· Experience in Mechanical Engineering design of HVAC and Plumbing systems for industrial and commercial buildings
· Will consider new grad who has had internship experience up to 5 years
· Areas of design include: design of central plants utilizing chillers, boilers, & cooling towers, constant and variable flow pumping systems, constant and variable flow air handling units, temperature control & energy management systems, piping systems, ductwork systems, variable air volume terminal units, ground source heat pump systems, water chemical treatment systems, packaged chillers, packaged roof top A/C units and split direct expansion A/C unit systems.
· Experience with AutoCAD is a must have
· Experience with energy modeling is a plus
· Experience with Revit MEP is a plus
· Exposure to plumbing and electrical is a plus
· Experience with construction is a plus
· Working knowledge of Industry software such as Microsoft products, COMcheck, and HVAC load calculation programs such as Carrier HAP, Trane Trace and/or eQuest
· Must have at least an EIT and the desire to earn PE
· BS in Mechanical Engineering at an ABET approved University
Salary will be commensurate with experience!