- Plastics manufacturer with excellent benefits, growth potential and stability are hiring a Maintenance Manager to setup a new operation
- They are looking for a manager who will manage 4 direct reports, 20+ maintenance technicians and electricians in a high-speed plastics operation.
- The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, a natural leader who has excellent troubleshooting skills and has excellent oral and written communication skills
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
- Lead a team of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair.
- Build the maintenance department including hiring a team, a planner and implementing a CMMS system from scratch with the assist of
- Responsible for the development, implementation and day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with efficient and High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOP’s, Safety, etc.).
- Ensure maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and work closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Develop and/or maintain Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.)
- Provide long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Train employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provide regular status reports to maintenance management team.
- HS diploma is required; prefer an Associates and or related Maintenance certifications
- 10+ years of maintenance supervision is required; plastic injection molding, blow-molding, thermoforming or related manufacturing experience is preferred but open to any manufacturing environment
- Technical skills in mechanical and electrical repair
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/ predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory and scheduling software, preferred.
- Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation), preferred.
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
military veteran preferred