Prepare to make a substantial impact on workplace safety by joining our dynamic team as an enthusiastic EHS Specialist! In this pivotal role, you’ll play a key role in cultivating a secure and healthy work environment. We are excited about the prospect of having someone of your caliber contribute to our established and rapidly growing company. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and collaborating with the management team, you will champion EHS best practices and cultivate a safety-first culture.
· Facilitate engaging and informative training sessions on health and safety policies, ensuring practical application and active participation.
· Conduct regular, detailed inspections to identify potential hazards and address EHS violations proactively.
· Champion compliance by implementing dynamic health and safety protocols to elevate our safety standards.
· Execute meticulous documentation, prepare detailed incident reports and comprehensive health and safety manuals.
· Report incidents and compliance status to management and regulatory agencies.
· Stay abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
· Chair the company safety committee, leading initiatives to enhance overall safety awareness.
· Embrace additional responsibilities with enthusiasm, adopting a collaborative “working with people” mindset.
· Lead the proposal and implementation of solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene, health, and safety hazards, monitoring operational processes and employee activities for potential risks.
· Craft compelling assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
· Communicate incidents and compliance status effectively with management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
· Undertake other duties as assigned.
Education & Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, or a related field.
· Minimum of two years’ experience as an EHS specialist or coordinator.
· In-depth knowledge of relevant regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and ANSI.
· Certifications in EHS.
· Proficiency in reading and interpreting safety data sheets.
· Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Execute tasks with precision, leveraging attention to detail and organizational skills.