Position: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Compensation: Salary $120,000-$140,000 Based on Experience + Annual Variable Pay Plan Targeted 10% of Salary plus Corporate Bonus Plan up to 18% of Salary
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
Position Summary: The EHS Manager is responsible for directing and implementing all company environmental, safety, sustainability, and security programs. The EHS Manager’s team is committed to excellence, continuous improvement and driving sustainable business results.
· Bachelor’s degree in EHS or Engineering with at least 10 years of high hazard process experience
· Must have a strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations relevant to the chemical industry and a working knowledge of EHS principles related to Process Safety, Environmental Management, Security, Transportation, Emergency Response, and Product Stewardship.
· Registration as a Certified Safety Professional is desired but not mandatory.
· Must possess a solid understanding of document management, root cause analysis, and the overall Plan-Do-Check-Act process.
· Teaching and change management skills are a requirement, and they must have demonstrated exceptional communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with RC 14001 and OSHA VPP is desired.
· Share accountability with leadership to have a robust management system in place to plan and execute an EHS strategy, updated at least annually.
· Share accountability with leadership to ensure appropriate management systems are in place for the assessment and assurance of compliance with applicable laws, regulations, company standards, and commitments.
· Provide insight, training, and information for the senior management team regarding the safety strategic objectives and regulatory compliance issues.
· Responsible for the development of safety improvement initiatives and the daily management of ongoing safety operations.
· Conduct risk assessments to identify and control environmental and safety risks to reduce injury and costs.
· Lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS work process.
· Monitor and interpret changes or additions to federal laws and regulations.
· Ensure site incident investigations of agency reportable incidents is timely, effective, and sufficient to prevent recurrence. Lead incident investigations when an external or independent investigation leader is required.
· Responsible for communication of EHS incidents, learnings, initiatives, and projects Manages and coordinates medical claims with doctors, and case managers as they relate to Workers’ Compensation.
· Lead environmental and sustainability community outreach programs that contribute to the company’s image.
· Point of Contact for the facility to external regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, DHS, DOT, etc.)
· Responsible for identification and sharing of best management practices.
· Responsible for team safety engagement including support of the site safety committees.
· Support developmental training materials for line management and achieve efficiency and standardization of EHS principles, policies, and standards,
· Utilize training and/or educational opportunities to ensure that he/she is totally conversant and knowledgeable in the area of EHS from an operational, tactical, regulatory, or legal basis and will share that expertise as may be appropriate.
· Participate in EHS audits across the region using EHS personnel and cross functional teams.