Director of Technology Development
Los Angeles, CA
This high-level Los Angeles wireless communications company is searching for a Director of Technology Development. They would like this individual to perform the following overall responsibilities within the CTO’s office:
· Lead and increase the level of government R&D funding in the company;
· Oversee the company’s technology roadmap under the direction of the CTO
· Working with the CTO and the VP of Engineering to oversee the successful technical delivery of the company’s R&D programs
· Positively impact the company’s IP portfolio
This position has both internally and externally focused responsibilities and is critical to the company’s success in both government and commercial markets.
· Interface with external funding organizations, and opportunities, and attend informational and networking events
· Lead white paper and proposal development culminating in contract awards
· Work with the CTO and VP of engineering to identify technical development priorities and roadmaps and help with the implementation of those roadmaps
· Participate in business development activities such as experiments, demonstration events, and customer meetings
· Grow, manage, and mentor a diversified engineering work force as part of business development (BD) and program execution efforts
· Grow the company’s IP portfolio as part of the BD and execution efforts
· PhD in Electrical Engineering is preferred, MS required
· Minimum 7 years of relevant wireless communication systems design experience post PhD, experience in RF sensing and signal analysis a plus.
· Fluency in technical presentations, proposal writing, and technical reporting
· Experience with customer engagement with a focus on the government sector
· Hands-on management experience with wireless system design and working knowledge of simulation tools such as MATLAB and C
· Experience of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, digital communications, RF sensing, signal analysis, machine learning, and associated signal processing technologies is desired, as well as MIMO systems and mesh networking knowledge would be considered a definite plus.
· Secret Clearance is a plus due to occasional classified discussions and/or specification documents