160,000k for RN Care Manager with a lot of Acute Care Management Experience.
Excellent Benefit Package.
Location: Geneva, NY (Finger Lakes Region).
(Ability to Travel the short drive from Geneva to Penn Yan).
Reports: Chief Medical Officer
Supervises: CARE MANAGER, RN UTILIZATION REV, SECRETARY, SOCIAL WORKER MSW
Education:REQUIRED –Master’s in Social Work, Business or Nursing.
License: Current NYS Registered Nurse license required.
Must have acute care experience in in Care/Case Management Leadership.
Must have Current Clinical Hands on experience; with Care Management Experience from an Acute Care Hospital Setting- Not just UR and Payor Side type of experience.
Acute Care Experience as Case/Care Management.
Minimum: Five years’ experience in a healthcare setting. Three years’ experience in utilization management or denial management. Knowledge and experience in developing utilization management and revenue recovery strategies. Experience dealing with authorizations and appeals process. Knowledge of discharge planning and clinical case management strategies. Knowledge and experience in project management and team dynamics. Knowledge of and experience with basic research methods and statistical analysis. Preferred: DRGs, Medicare Regulations, Medical Necessity Criteria, Patient Bill of Rights, HIPAA.
Must be hands on, as this is a servant leader type of role.
1. Supervises professional and clerical employees who work with a range of functions, including but not limited to access, pre-authorization and precertification, bed placement, coding, utilization review and denial management, care coordination collaborative treatment planning and core measures, discharge planning, clinical social work, tracking of the post-acute period and provision of disease management, and contracting internally and externally.
2. Partners with the CMO for effective relationships with physicians, services, specialties, etc.
3. Provides consultation to the executive team, forming effective relationships with all VPs and department leaders.
4. Participates in the determination and definition of the Care Management Dashboard, using data to better understand strengths and weaknesses of the department, and to determine needs, decisions, and strategies.
5. Establishes, implements, and evaluates a written strategic plan for the department that takes into account internal and external factors.
6. Establishes, manages, and constantly evaluates staffing levels, assignments, skills, learning needs, and deployment of staff.
7. Creates stable and reliable processes to anticipate and address specific situations within the department and between the department and other departments and agencies.
8. Establishes effective communication systems and forums with third party payers, the local PRO/QIO, Medical Records, and the managed care and finance offices.
9. Develops structures and processes to facilitate participation by physicians, physical therapists, social work, and other health professionals in multidisciplinary care planning, care delivery, and discharge planning.
10. Participates in continuous quality improvement groups.
11. Negotiates, approves, and manages the operational and capital budgets.
12. Writes and conducts annual and interim performance appraisals for all staff in the department.
Ability to facilitate project management, work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling.
Familiarity with JCAHO requirements. Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), analytical, and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public in a professional and courteous manner. Computer literacy required with word processing, spreadsheets, power point.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Geneva is a city in New York State. It is located at the northern end of Seneca Lake, known as the Finger Lakes Region. It boasts quality wine trails, a rich history, natural beauty, and four season attractions. On Cayuga Lake, the city of Ithaca is home to Cornell University. The surrounding area is marked by high gorges, many with dramatic waterfalls, including Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls. Near the tip of Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen State Park has rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, plus trout fishing. Southwest is the Corning Museum of Glass. To the north is the Old Erie Canal, a pivotal 19th-century waterway now offering hiking, canoeing and fishing. In the northwest, the city of Rochester overlooks Lake Ontario. It is a short drive to Syracuse, NY. Not a far drive to a top rated mall, great restaurants and tons of outdoor activities. You can find Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges and Ithaca college nearby.