The Project Manager position will direct all industrial construction activities for various projects to ensure projects meet goals in relation to schedule and budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Monitor and control project execution and delivery through management of personnel and resources to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Evaluate specifications to develop project budget and schedule.
- Provide customer with scope of work, estimate, relevant drawings, and schedule to successfully complete each project based on customer requests and ICM recommendations.
- Schedule subcontractor and ICM labor in accordance with specified project schedule. Coordinate with multiple internal departments to ensure proper allocation of resources.
- Assume responsibility for the procurement and delivery of tools, equipment, and materials to ensure continuous project workflow. Coordinate with Supply Chain Management to issue purchase orders for all consumables, equipment and outside sub contractors.
- Maintain accountability for all project functions including resources, budget, and schedule. Review progress reports and adjust schedules and material usage as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with owners to resolve conflicts and negotiate changes in scope of work. Serve as main contact for all status updates, additional labor requests, and material and equipment needs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to track project progress including manhour reporting for topline.
- Advise senior level management of potential project problems and assist in resolution.
- Collaborate with Projects Team staff, Contract Managers, Engineering, and Cost Accounting to ensure project deliverables.
- Manage the financial aspect of contracts including fee payments and invoices as well as providing verification for all incurred expenses.
- Assist the warranty department in evaluating incoming warranty claims to determine if problem is covered under warranty agreement and establish scope of warranty issue.
- Ensure all project work is completed in accordance with specifications, schedule, and safety.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
Bachelor degree in Construction Science Management or Engineering discipline required
3-5 years construction project management experience required
Industry experience preferred
Microsoft Project experience required
AutoCAD experience preferred
Ability to read P&ID’s
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
25% travel required or as needed.
No sponsorship candidates at this time.