Position Overview: The pivotal role of the Business Development Manager within Company’s structure involves collaborating with thebusiness unit to drive strategic and profitable expansion into new markets. Directly reporting to the Director of Sales, the manager’s primary focus is on developing new customers, driving revenue growth in diverse applications, and positioning the companyl for sustained profitability.
- Cultivate new business deals by reaching out to potential partners and exploring opportunities.
- Develop strategic business plans to facilitate profitable growth in alignment with established revenue goals.
- Initiate and manage lead generation and prospecting efforts using digital tools, tracking effectiveness and engagement.
- Meet annual budgetary growth targets as defined by the business.
- Serve as a cross-functional liaison between customers and business units, facilitating productive communications and resolutions for technical, commercial, quality, and delivery issues.
- Aid the finance team in pursuing improved receivable collections.
- Provide insights and participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance customer satisfaction, plant efficiency, and market growth.
- Perform additional job-related responsibilities as required to drive business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Prioritize frequent face-to-face meetings with new and existing customers.
- Take ownership of the overall revenue goal and individual revenue growth targets.
- Adjust the content of sales presentations based on customer needs.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and marketing techniques.
- Recommend changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Note: Duties and responsibilities outlined are intended to provide a general overview and not an exhaustive statement.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field experience.
- A minimum of three years of sales or business development experience is preferred.
- Preferred experience in the Tooling or Molding industry.
- Proven track record of delivering sales growth by identifying and winning new business opportunities at all organizational levels.
- Ability to manage an opportunities pipeline via a CRM, generate accurate bookings and revenue forecasts, and provide effective sales status reports.
- Willingness to travel within North America and potentially internationally.
- Proven track record for building sales pipelines.
- Ability to interact with all organizational levels, from production associates to senior leaders.
- Team player with the ability to lead with authority.
- Strong credibility-building and trust-establishing skills.
- Ability to influence leaders and change their paradigms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Sales CRM (Salesforce preferred).