We have been engaged to find an Adhesives Application Engineer with film, tape or thermoset experience.
The Adhesives Application Engineer will develop, execute and support commercialization of new adhesive film formulations and products. Will lead multiple R&D projects critical to business and ensures timely project milestone advancement.
Adhesives Application Engineer overview:
- Identifies opportunities for new technologies, products, or performance improvements
- Actively makes specialized knowledge available to the organization
- Identifies and engages valuable external partners
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers to identify, qualify, close, and maintain company Product applications
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales
- Acts as a consultant for management and steering committees
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- Prepare and deliver presentations on projects/technologies for internal teams, management and customers
- Travel with sales representatives to develop first-hand understanding of customer needs and application details
Adhesives Application Engineer requirements:
- MS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related discipline
- 5-10 years of experience
- Experience in tape and film adhesives application for electronic applications, thermoset materials, adhesive formulation or electronic materials is required
- Strong leadership, communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in team collaboration.
- Customer support experience, providing product application training
- Demonstrated project management and laboratory skills
- Training and mentoring lab employees
- Statistical analysis using JMP
- Able to travel as needed
Industry: Adhesives, Application Engineer, Chemicals, Tape, Material Science
Job Code: j-2212