Job Title: 3PL Truck Broker Sales (Cradle to Grave)
Job Description: This role will be responsible for generating new business to grow the truck brokerage operations.
Job Type: Full time
- Contact new shippers by cold calling and using known contacts within the industry.
- Set up meetings with shippers to sell truckload brokerage services.
- Determine the best coverage opportunities. Lane by lane or country wide based on shippers needs or areas of interest.
- Create presentations for shippers to include best coverage options.
- Negotiate rates on new business lanes to include opportunities for annual rate increase based on service levels.
- Create contracts for new business.
- Use Time & Territory management to determine the call cycles for various sized accounts.
- Contact trucking companies for the movement of freight from the shippers to their customers.
- Dispatch the carrier for scheduled pickup, confirm pickup, track and trace the load till final delivery.
- Confirm that there are not any issues at the time of delivery.
- Deliver custom solutions to shippers in order to simplify their logistics needs.
- Be the point of contact for shippers and carriers on escalated items.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the truck brokerage industry.
- proven track record of domestic truck brokerage sales.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the trucking industry.
- Ability to multitask.
- Proficient computer skills, including high level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people in and outside the organization.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Compensation Details: This position offers a competitive base salary plus 15% commission on net revenue, paid monthly on invoices that have been paid.
Pay / Benefits:
- $65K Salary
- Family Benefits
- 401K w/Matching funds
- 15% Commission (paid on net prior monthly paid revenue).