Searching for a Director of Marketing for a global medical devices leader. The Director of Marketing will set strategic direction and execute marketing strategy globally across functions and regional business teams. This process also includes engaging in clinical partnership around evidence generation, and commercial partnerships to provide new innovative solutions to the market. The Director of Marketing will also be responsible for the global rollout of an exciting new Class III medical device
We are seeking marketing directors who are career-driven, have strong leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving successful medical device marketing teams. We offer accelerated career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many medical device marketing opportunities and consider only the best candidates to join our highly talented marketing team.
typical roles and responsibilities for Director of Marketing
- Lead definition and execution strategies across global markets, including growth and innovation strategy, product lifecycle management, and capacity planning
- Drive global revenue growth, including current operating year and three-year plan
- Owns the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through production and release
- Work closely with staff to support a wide range of business growth activities, including commercial partnership, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and alliances
- Lead global launch and commercial planning for new products and through close collaboration company stake holders, including sales and customer service and medical affairs.
- Design and validate new customer-centric solutions and capabilities that creating value for the organization’s portfolio
- Cross functionally work to understand and eliminate complex technical, functional, and business problems, enabling the broader team to execute on the product
- Develop market plans for new solution offerings, outline segment messaging and positioning.
Requirements for the Director of Marketing:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, or a scientific discipline; MBA strongly preferred
- 8+ years’ progressive experience in upstream marketing, with at least 5 years in medical device marketing
- Relevant experience in downstream marketing
- New product development experience, with demonstrated success in new product launches
- Experience and understanding of U.S. and international Class III medical device management
- Proven ability to persevere and thrive in ambiguous situations
- Strong leadership within a matrix corporate environment and the ability to successfully contribute at all levels.
- Transformational strategic thinker
- Demonstrated ability to lead without direct authority
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, written, verbal skills
- Proven ability to develop and present complex business reviews or presentations
- Self-driven and highly collaborative with high personal accountability
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- A track record of accomplishment in managing multiple competing priorities
- Travel up to 30% both domestic and international
Salary range for Director of Marketing