Global leader in healthcare products is seeking a Director of Business Development to lead BD efforts for an emerging medical device division, identifying external partners and developing them into profitable sales ventures. The Director of Business Development will work in a traditional business development role developing sales channels. Candidates for The Director of Business Development should have a strong sales analytics background, demonstrated industry relationships, deal building and execution with a track record of securing new profitable business ventures.
Our medical device clients seek business development leaders who are career-driven, have deep contacts and experience in the medical devices industry as well as experience developing regional and local sales teams. Our companies offer excellent career growth potential, and excellent benefits. We have many opportunities - all with top medical device companies seeking the best in sales and business development leadership.
typical roles and responsibilities for Director of Business Development
- Identify new sales targets and opportunities, developing strategic growth plan.
- Through internal and external networking including conferences and trade shows, develop new business opportunities.
- Evaluate potential targets, managing the cross-functional process.
- Grow the business to include hiring and management of sales team.
Requirements for Director of Business Development
- Bachelor's degree; MBA strongly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive marketing and business development experience in medical devices
- Experience developing new product sales pipelines, timelines.
- Expert level profficency with Microsoft Office products, including analytical programs
- A track record of success in growing a national sales team for an emerging product
- Extensive experience working with large amounts of information with the ability to synthesize trends and insights and deliver summaries to company decision makers
- The ability to work decisively with a broad range of competing projects and priorities, managing complex, highly analytical projects while at the same time managing the tactical execution of business development plans.
- Excellent communications skills with a track record of working with all levels of a business organization
- The ability to work independently, but also strong sales team leadership skills
Salary range for Director of Business Development