We are searching for a Senior R&D Engineer with experience developing electrophysiology products including catheters for diagnostic, imaging or ablation treatments. As a Senior R&D Engineer in Electrophysiology, you’ll spearhead efforts on the R&D team focusing on next-generation catheters for diagnostic, imaging, and ablation treatments. This hands-on role will be responsible for leading next-generation design assurance and verification projects, driving functional excellence in product development, and transferring to commercial manufacturing.
Our client is a rapidly growing medical devices company based in San Diego CA. They are a pre-IPO company that has strong financials (series G funding) with existing products in the electrophysiology space. They have plans to go public in the next 1-2 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of electrophysiology catheter design engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years specialized experience in electrophysiology catheter development.
- Familiarity with diverse manufacturing processes and design for manufacturability.
- Experience with catheter design and testing.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-divisional setting.
- Expertise in designing electro-mechanical devices.
Researches develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical systems, components, processes, and/or equipment within an electrophysiology catheter-focused project team.
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Develop, verify, and validate requirements/specifications of medical device products
- Design and conduct experiments in the lab to aid in the design development, test method development, and perform statistically driven analysis.
- Coordinate, plan, and manage project milestones.
- Liaise effectively with all organizational levels and departments.
- Develop and test functional prototypes.
- Conduct data-driven analyses with the help of analytical tools.
- Collaborate with external consultants, medical professionals, and vendors.
- Support clinical evaluations and both bench and animal testing.
- Define product specifications and requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation including 3D CAD models and schematics.
- Review and endorse quality and project documentation.
- Adhere to company and regulatory guidelines including FDA and ISO standards.
Occupational Category: 17-2141 Mechanical Engineers
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Surf Search