One of the largest civil contractors in the world. A leader in the Heavy Civil, and Site Development area is looking for a Senior Project Engineer.
Medium to Large heavy civil, roadway, bridge project experience ($30M+)
Review contract and specifications in its entirety
* Assist Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Project Engineer as required
* Assist with all schedule preparations and updates
* Assist with quantity reporting, project costs and forecasting
* Obtain pricing from subcontractors and vendors to include change orders
* Requisition equipment and material deliveries as required
* Coordinate with subcontractors, suppliers and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
* Assist with monthly billing, cash flow projections, and change order processing
* Manage document control to include submittal schedules, contract documents, project record drawings, etc.
* Review Heavy Job daily reports for accuracy
* Prepare and maintain technical submittal list
* Comply with notice requirements such as inspections, survey staking, joint measurements with owner and/or engineer, utility locations and adjustments, testing, claims, etc.
* Issue correspondence to subcontractors and vendors when revised plan and/or specifications affects products or services
* Assist with project closeout
* Perform additional assignment’s per the Project Manager’s direction
· B.S. in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Construction Engineering and Management (CEM)
· 5+ year’s experience in the civil construction field (office/field role)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency with Excel, Word, Primavera 6