Do you have a passion for Accounting?
This company offers an opportunity is unusually good- The Corporate Controller is looking for someone to mentor; over time you will gain skills in consolidation/intercompany accounting, financial reporting, budgeting. Growth here for the right individual here is more certain than elsewhere. With over $300 million in revenue this role also offers complexity and will take part in a coming ERP rollout as well as planned acquisitions in the next few years. Reporting to the Corporate Controller and Vice President of Finance, visibility is excellent. This position will be on-site for training then offers a hybrid work schedule as the position is mastered. There is light travel to business units in the Chicago area from time to time. Thank you for your time today.
(Senior) Corporate Accountant
- Generate customer invoices, credit memos and sales reporting on a daily basis.
- Review, clear and reconcile all banking activity to General Ledge daily.
- Review and process Concur expense reports for employee’s reimbursements.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups.
- BS in Accountancy with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.for fresh grad, University degree and work exp otherwise
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel including pivot tables, v-lookup, formulas, etc.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, a high level of interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with the customer and develop strong personal working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks concurrently and to work independently. Have an overall business and economic knowledge.